|New York Central depot, Camillus|
|Cincinnatus on D.L.& W.|
New York & Oswego Midland Auburn branch,
DeRuyter, ca. 1872, looking west
|McGraw on D.L.& W.|
|Cortland on Lehigh Valley|
DeRuyter on Lehigh Valley
|New Woodstock on Lehigh Valley|
|New York Central at Brewerton.|
|New York Central station, Richland|
New York Central station, Lowville
|New York Central station at Sackets Harbor.|
New York Central depot, Pulaski
|New York Central depot, Hannibal.|
New York Central depot, Altmar
|New York Central depot, Norwood|
|Grasse River Railroad, Cranberry Lake|
|New York Central depot, Remsen|
Syracuse & Baldwinsville Railroad, Amboy, 1880s.
Cuba depot, Erie Railroad
New York Central depot, Oneida
New York Central, Skaneateles Junction
Well into the 1950s one could still ride a
mixed train on the Lehigh Valley between
Cortland and Canastota,
This is the Lehigh Valley station in Cazenovia.
Lehigh Valley depot, Sylvan Beach.
It's hard to visual the out-of-the-way village of Freeville, near Ithaca, once being a major railroad junction. Nevertheless it was such for many years. At this point, the north-south and east-west branches of the Lehigh Valley crossed at a diamond and several times daily the place was a hub-bub of activity as travelers changed trains. There was even a restaurant in the station. But it was all gone by the late 1930s and the station was demolished in 1941. From the Dick Palmer collection.
In the 1890s, particularly before railroads were required to burn oil in their locomotives in the Adirondacks during spring, summer and fall, the New York Central & Hudson River RR maintained a firefighting train. Here, it poses at Thendara station, which at the time was called "Fulton Chain." It is the same depot that today serves the Adirondack Scenic Railroad. Note the water pump atop the boiler. The Hotel Van Auken, shown at left, was later moved a short distance to the east, across the road.
|DL&W depot, Onativia|
Snow scene, Philadelphia, N.Y.
Westbound fast passenger train on New York
Central mainline, Warners, 1907.
Train arrival time at Freeville in the 1890s.
Carthage & Copenhagen Railroad station in Carthage,
Too much shoving almost landed this coal car into
Lake Ontario, at the Lehigh Valley trestle at
North Fair Haven.
Another view of the Lehigh Valley coal trestle at North
Fair Haven. Dismantled in the late 1930s.
DL&W coal dock in Oswego, early 1900s.
The Delaware, Lackawanna & Western shipped coal from
this trestle in Oswego between 1882 and 1935 when it
was dismantled and replaced by the new loader (above)
which continued in operation until 1963. The photo
was taken in 1969.
Early Preble depot on Syracuse branch, DL&W
"Pony" engine "Providence" switching in front of
Auburn Prison, 1860s. This engine was originally
built for the Auburn & Rochester Railroad in 1841.
New York Central Canastota depot
|Lehigh Valley, Newark Valley|
|Lehigh Valley, Geneva|
|Lehigh Valley, Locke|
|Lehigh Valley, Dryden|
|New York Central, Pembroke|
|Pennsylvania RR depot, Houghton|
|Lehigh Valley, Flemingville|
|Lehigh Valley, Moravia|
|Lehigh Valley, Newark Valley|
|New York Central, Cazenovia|
|Excursion train at Cato|
|Lehigh Valley depot, Richford|
|Lehigh Valley depot, Cuyler|
|McKeen motor car, Ithaca and Auburn Shortline|
|Depots at Batavia|
|NYO&W depot, Central Square|
|DL&W depot, Candor|
Lehigh Valley depot, Union Springs
|Lehigh Valley depot, Erin|
|Lehigh Valley depot and tower, Van Etten|
Lehigh Valley, Sayre, Pa.