East Syracuse in 1940


New York Central's DeWitt hump yard was a busy place when this photo was snapped by a Syracuse Post-Standard photographer in 1940 from Rotnour bridge in East Syracuse. View is looking east towards Minoa. At the time the railroad employed more than 2,000 people locally.


Popular posts from this blog

A cab ride to Sayre in 1937