"JG" Tower, New York Central, Syracuse

This is what was called "JG" on the New York Central near Park Street - just north of the regional market. It was near the junction of the freight line bypass around Syracuse and the line going north through Liverpool called the "Hojack." It was destroyed Aug. 25, 1957 when a coal train derailed. The operator, Sam Lahood, was killed.  This photo taken by Ted Jackson in September, 1948

Popular posts from this blog

"Philadelphia Day Express" Wreck at Manchester, Aug. 25, 1911