Old time New York Central train at Little Falls
Shown at Little Falls is New York Central engine #491 was built at Schenectady Locomotive Works, July, 1854 construction number #88 and became NYC #55. Rebuilt in 1868 and Re# 491 in 1877 and sold July, 1890. Drivers 66", 15” x 22” cylinders, rebuilt with 16” x 22”, was a woodburner as built, probably to coal in 1868. Notice the air pump, probably put on some time in the 70's. That combine car looks to be from the 50's or 60's, judging by the curve of the roof and short clerestory. Photo taken in the 1880s.